Tips and Ideas for DigitalOcean Hackathon
13 December, 2020
So, recently DigitalOcean App Platform Hackathon was just announced on Dev.
I thought I'd put together this list of things of which I think will be helpful resources for anybody partaking in this.
From 10 December 2020, to 10 January 2021, DigitalOcean App Platform Hackathon will be going on. You'll have a chance to win some cool prizes for building an application using DigitalOcean's new App Platform.
There are for categories, which are
- Personal Site/Portfolio
- Build an application related to mental health.
- Build something that could become commercial and earn big bucks
- Build a wacky app that doesn't fit into any of the categories above.
You can view the full post with the rules of the Hackathon and other useful info here
- Video - 10 portfolio tips for web developers
- Article - 8 Ideas that Will Make your Web Dev Portfolio Website Stand Out
- Video - PRO vs AMATEUR Design Portfolio
- Article - 10 Tips for Building A Killer Portfolio Website
- Video - 5 Tips to Make Your Portfolio Better
- Article - How to Make Great Mental Health Apps
- Video - Making a COVID-19 Live Stats Website
- Article - 7 Tips for Creating an App to Help Mental Illness
- Article - 5 Mental Health App Ideas
- Video - 9 small business ideas
- Article - 44 Easy Online Business Ideas
- Video - High Paying Business Ideas
- Online Business Ideas
- Video - Top 5 Online Business Ideas of 2020
- Article - Creative Coding
- Video - Custom Camera
- Article - Examples of Three.js in Action
- Video - Art of Creative Coding
- Creative Coding - Pts.js
- Creative Coding - Anurag Hazra
- Audio Fabric
- Pathfinding Visualiser
And there you go, a list of awesome projects, tutorials, inspiration, tips, ideas, and more to help you.
Are you going to be participating in the Hackathon? I wished I could, though due to the minimum age requirement being 18+, I can't 🙁
If you found any inspiration from this, do let me know! I'd be glad to discuss what you all are building :smile:
Get notified in your inbox whenever I publish a new video/talk, or write a new blog post. I won’t spam, and that’s a promise!