2021, a look back
02 January, 2022
2021 was an amazing and a not-so-amazing here. Some really good and bad things happened during it, growing me as a person.
As the year has ended and we're onto 2022, I wanted to take a second back and reflect on the past year.
- Gave my first talk at a meetup (Prisma Meetup #7)
- Switched to Arch Linux
- Riced my desktop
- Built my own PC! (Ryzen 7 w/ iGPU, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD)
- Got started with AP Comp Sci A
- Reached 75 followers on GitHub
- Ended with a total of 550+ followers on dev.to!
- Redesigned my portfolio in Next.js!
- Created my first npm library
- Created my first React library
- Learned a lot about Vercel & Next.js
- Learned a lot about TypeScript
- Got better at designing in Figma
- Started learning Java
- Explored Svelte
- Used PostgreSQL for the first time
- Learned a lot about databases and ORMs
- Desktop tour got over a thousand views on YouTube
- Redesigned my teacher's website
- Participated in my first Hackathon
- Created SnipBin
- Created debutur
- Created Oponion
- Created Glassmorphicssm
- Created Geethoob
- Created Issure
- Created Calvera
- Started redesigning apps
- Visited family and friends back in India!
- Bought a new phone
- Made lots of new friends :)
- Started playing video games again :p
- Hit 650 followers on Instagram
- Created a Linkedin
- Grew somewhat of a beard
2021 was a crazy year (to say the least). I managed to make myself slightly less stupid as a person. With school becoming more taxing amongst other things, I've had less time to code and contribute to open-source. With that to say, I'd like to express my gratitude all the people who've helped me get here. Thank you!
Wishing everyone the best of luck for 2022! Cheers 🍻
Get notified in your inbox whenever I publish a new video/talk, or write a new blog post. I won’t spam, and that’s a promise!